Thursday, January 3, 2013

Mind vs Matter=Literally

This dates from October 10th, 2012--An epiphany while running....

(I've been trying to make-up for my lack of blogging the year of 2012....)

 

Running. Living; both Progressive Verbs.



Oil. Water; both nouns.



Running from pain and trials and then having to live in them --both possible realities we choose.



I just spent 10 minutes running on the treadmill at 7.0 speed. It's a short time but after 5 minutes of running I just wanted to turn off the machine and go back to the Lazy Boy watching As Good As It Gets. Then, I thought about oil and water...



The oil and water cannot mix. They don't like each other? Maybe sometimes they like to pretend one or the other is not there (yes, personification!). We do that, don't we? That problematic oil is not there...Trials and Running away from them..... or ...having trials and living life in amidst of them.

If I gave up before my goal was reached (10 minutes of torture)...something so simple...then what else would I forfeit to?

What about you? What would you forfeit to?

No comments:

Post a Comment