Monday, July 26, 2010

It smells like vomit.



Don't fly delta.

It smells like vomit. Am I sitting next in airport terminal C14 awaiting my flight to SLC which is DELAYED…4 hours. I am sitting next to a giant stain where vomit once adorned the monotone carpet to my right. Flying is so inconvenient, yet, I depend on it so much. Usually, I am excited to leave Virginia and get back to Utah, but this time…not so much. Going back is more like the situation I find myself in…nauseating and painful. Excuse me, I might add to the carpet stain.



ONE of the true ironies behind airports is that they are starting to charge you for your luggage when the flight is expensive enough in the first place, and now, they make you pay for the Wi-Fi. Here was my conversation, my brief conversation, with the lady behind the desk after I spent a good 10 minutes in denial that my “free” Wi-Fi would work if I just tried harder. Reluctant to even ask I decided to face it and just ask.


Me: “Hi, quick question. Is there free Wi-Fi?


Lady behind the desk: “Yeah, but they charge you.”


(in my head I wondered why she said “yeah” when the answer REALLY should have been “NO, it’s not free. We are in an economic crisis and we, Delta Airlines, are milking it for everything it’s worth. We suffer so you suffer, and we take advantage.”)


Me: Some airports do that (implying the lack of free internet access--like this one)


Lady behind the desk: “Yeaahhh.” With a false apologetic look on her face and with a wrinkle in her nose as her eyes went back to her computer screen, where she was probably using her FREE internet.


Me: Oh, okay, well thanks.






I refuse to pay the fee. Who me?—no, I’m not bitter. O_____________________o

No comments:

Post a Comment