Monday, August 2, 2010

St Mark 1:35

One of my favorite scriptures in the Bible says, "And in the morning, rising up a great while before the day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed."

I tried doing that, except it was @ night...it didn't seem to go all that well. There are mountains in Provo, not tooo far away, but, I did not have the energy to hike a mountain @ 12 in the morning, so I nice spot by the stadium where a shadow was cast. Following the example in Mark 1:35, i started to talk with my Heavenly Father with my ishuffle in my ear with some hymns in the background. The police managed to disrupt that.

He drove behind me, his lights shining on me, turned around, and then drove on the sidewalk in front of me. Not exactly how Christ must have experienced it, but, I was afraid the police offficer would ask me what I was doing, all by myself, a girl, on stairs in front of a football stadium staring off into ablivion. I was happy that I did not have to have a dialogue with the po-po tonight.
I'm home now, and, I think next time, I am going to find a more solitary place.

No comments:

Post a Comment