Sunday, July 4, 2010

Traveling

It's Sunday morning, and I just spent the night amongst the clouds, even amongst the stars. I was actually going to say that I spent it in an airplane really uncomfortable sitting next to an older man and his son that ruined my chance of getting an isle to myself, but, saying that i spent it "amongst the clourds, even amongst the stars", seemed that much more poetic, wouldn't you say? No, but, I did spend 5 hours in the air, and most of the time I was uncounsious, dreamless, but constantly was awakened by the flight attentant tapping me on the shoulder so I would move my feet out of the isle. Apparantly, stretching in a plane is close to impossible. If I ever get pety cash to waste, I will consider flying first class like Cameron Diaz in the movie The Holiday. Realistically, I know I won't, but, my Mom always says, "It doesn't cost anything to dream."

It doesn't feel like Sunday at all--at all. I almost put my itunes on of my favorite jams and favorite playlist but realized what day it was, so, now I am listening to that song that I adored on my mission while serving in one of my areas:Tumbes, Peru. You know how you can associate places with songs or smells or people? I associate Tumbes with many things, but mostly with this song because I think I listened to this song for a good month on repeat until I probably made my companion trunky to go home and get away from my awkward habits. I still could listen to it on repeat and have the same feelings about it as I did then--pensive ones of who they are singing about. Listen to the song...here it is in spanish (the version I am listening to now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfmvDOAzosY&feature=related

I'll find it in english:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDjjxJDc0Xs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh5uxRNd-xk&feature=related (different version but I like it!)


Ah, they both touch my spirit, it brings to a different level within myself, able to think outside my capabilities. When I like something, I like it and can listen to it or see it over and over again and puts my mind on a different plain. Just ask my brother Simone, haha, he grew up with me and knows how I can get when I truly like something. When I liked a certain movie as a kid (and MANY I did like, but let's say GREASE for now), I would watch it, rewind it (yes, VHS's, baby), and then watch it again. I couldn't get enough of it, perhaps I get it from my own Mother who taped Under the Sea,(from the Little Mermaid), for us as kids and we would dance to it often. When I was 14 she taped the song You'll Be in My Heart, by Phil Collins, onto a tape back in 1999 and when we went to King's Dominion we listened to it the whole way down--a 2 hour drive playing the same song, and not once did I wish the song would change. Not everyone is like that, but I am.

7:44 a.m. and I'm NY @ the JFK Airport. My flight is @ 9:20 a.m. Ah, home. This will be an interesting month to get back to the east coast, back to my family, back to my home. Being in college for a while, and having to move to a LOT of different places, I have come to realize that every place I move into is where I live but never really has been a home for me. Home is where the parents are and where the memories are. I will go home to my own bed, to my own flesh and blood, and some dogs.

I started to make a list of things to do for the next few weeks. I still haven't gotten my ticket back to Utah, but, it doesn't mean I won't come back! In fact, I have to! ha. But, here is my list:

>Go to the library and finish reading the book I always borrow and never finish:
     Between A Rock and a Hard Place (It's about the guy who went to Moah, UT and got his arm stuck between a giant rock and a boulder and had to cut it off after a few days or die there, alone, and unseen.)
     Also, to read other books: Papel Mojado, the Book of Mormon again, All the Conference Talks from this past April, the Biography of George Washington and Abraham Lincoln, and probably a few books about writing.

>Write a few papers (for myself)
    I have a few topics:
          What makes a good leader?
          Why was Washington an inspiring general, even until this day?
          I will continue to make more questions to write on so I can have topics. I feel
           like I will be doing homework assigned by myself, weird?

> Workout
     duh.

> Art
     I want to draw portraits again, at least one.

>Teach the puppy how to do tricks
     her name is Amanda (thanks to my brother...hmm) but my Mom calls her: "Chiquitita". My Dad calls her: "Chiquilila". haha--he does it on purpose. So, that animal, I will teach it tricks.

For now, that is "the list".

Well, I have nothing more to say, and I have an hour and 20 minutes to kill still...umm....I wonder if I'll ever live in NY someday...I like the diversity...


OH..........and.........

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independence_Day_%28United_States%29
************************************************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment