Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Surprise Convo


~ I was walking to school one freezing cold morning and I saw this aged man running quite far off behind me. My first thoughts were, "You crazy old man, you have more discipline and drive than I do and I am half your age. I hope you don't fall. I turned my head back toward the direction I was going and fiddling with my headphones as to untangle them to put them in my cold ears, the runner caught up with me. I knew that because he spoke saying:

"Do you want good news?"
Fighting with myself since I prefer not to speak in the morning due to tiredness I forced out my polite response:
"Of course," with which he replied:
"There is only 49 days left until spring!"
Many thoughts flowed into my mind such as: he really must be counting down! and Maybe I look like I really need to know this with my marshmallow snow-beast coat on and a WHO IS THIS GUY? :)
"That is good news." PAUSE
He kept running by me and i closed the conversation with "Thank you", yes, very profound of me.

I don't think any runner can top that very precise informational conversation with a pedestrian.

1 comment: