Thursday, December 11, 2014

The Big Apple--Day 1: Cheers to Single-hood

On my first connecting flight, the unthinkable happened. The heavens aligned the far distant stars to sit me next to the opposite type of man than I am used to being assigned with. The reoccurring thought whenever I fly is that maybe, just maybe, I'll be seated next to the ,"man of my dreams", on a forever long flight. But, like Lysol, 99.9% of the time, that doesn't happen. This is what usually does:
A big, burly fellow with b.o. and unhealthy snoring problems is my undesired copilot, and somehow I manage to wake up to my head on his shoulder, followed by my perfuse apologies and bug eyes. But, TODAY, today my friends, was different!

Seat 16 B. I sat in it. Seat 16 A sat a brunette, blue-eyes, kind-faced gentlemen with slight facial hair, and the highly-noted quality of not being attached to an electronic device. A rarity! Instead, his hands and attention were clutched to a newspaper.

I blinked my eyes and a few hours had slipped away. During that time  my mind drifted into a domain of unconsciousness. Gathering my wits and takin a glance out the window, there still sat my out-of-the-ordinary neighbor. Now, he was working on a crossword puzzle. That tickled my fancy. My mind thought of how nice it was to see qualities I like in a fellow. My observations were still surface, yet I thought that maybe, just maybe this was the hoped for situation I've always wondered about...is this a seat placement meant to be? When all of a sudden...
the cumulonimbus clouds that surrounded the plane parted, the sunlight streamed through into the window and onto the bright, shiny, blinding glare to my left.

The ring on his finger oddly made it's presence known.

Married.
They always are.

Until it all makes sense, cheers to being single!

**Side-note: New York is amazing.I think in my veins flows the blood of a future New York resident!**

Hasta maƱana for Day 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment