Monday, March 1, 2010

THRICE

Three times, is indeed, the charm.

Today has been quite the interesting day. I had another amazing experience I could not ignore. This happened three times today. THRICE, since 7:17 a.m. It's 4:38 p.m. and I feel like the Lord is very nearby wanting to answer my prayers. I know I shouldn't say this, but, I haven't felt the undeniable answers to my prayers in quite a while...and this felt so good. I know He is there.

These things are not vital to my existence, but I like them, mucho. What are they?

1. my house keys
2. one of my favorite pairs of earings
3. packing tape

I woke up this morning with 8 minutes to get ready and to be @ the bus stop. As I tried to find a way to delay the inevitable of actually getting out of bed, I came to the conclusion that it was inescapable. The bus came once every hour and i had to get out of bed if i wanted to make it to work on time to receive money (so I can, oh, you know: pay my bills, move out, have food to survive, go to Peru this summer, you know, the important things in life).
I was ready to go out the door when I realized I couldn't find my keys. AHHH! I needed those to come home! I searched and searched amongst the books on my floor, the clothes in the basket...that is when I wished i had organized my room a bit more the night before crashing. Standing there and looking it occurred to me. I spoke out loud, "Oh, Heavenly Father, please help me find my house keys". Not too long after, I found them! They were in a bag I thought I would be using to take to work... I changed my mind in the rush. I grabbed my now very precious-to-me keys, ran down the stairs, and locked the door behind me.

Walk to the bus? No---I had to run. I started to when I saw something fly in front of me, and it disappeared. I knew it, and dangit gina...it was one of my earrings. Where it went, i had NO IDEA and had no time to find it if I wanted to make it work on time. I considered just leaving it behind so I could make the bus, but I couldn't. I cared about them...one of my favorites. What use would be one earring? It's like kool-aid without water--pointless.
I began searching where I suspected it may have landed. Everything looked white, like my earing, or neutral, like the sidewalk and tan dying grass. Once again, I felt the impression to ask for help. So, in my mind, i said a prayer: "Heavenly Father, please help me find my earring".I decided to walk forward. Laying upside-down I saw it and picked it up with glee. There was no time to find the back of it, which i thought i hadn't latched on tight and is why it flew out of my ear. Apparently, I had put two backs on the same earring in my hurry to scamper out the door.I smiled and began to walk towards the bus stop as I fastened my earring in it's original place--realizing that I most likely wouldn't make it on time. And, i didn't. But, I wasn't alone in that matter. A fellow bus-rider missed it too and we got our ride from my very gracious friend Johanna.

This is why I am writing this blog--or what happened ten minutes ago. I decided @ work today that my room is too messy, and no matter how hard i try to clean it and put things in place, it always ends up messy...again. I couldn't risk another morning like the one I had today.So, I decided to buy some packing tape on my way home, of which I did. I've been here in my room trying to make a box of things to donate. I started moving onto my next box of things I can pack now for when I move in April...but I couldn't find the packing tape for the LIFE of me. I needed it to actually tape the box together so that when I pick it up everything doesn't fall out onto the floor. I looked everywhere within the four walls of my room. I even checked the bathroom. How it would make it there, i do not know, but, sometimes i do things without thinking. So, after doing all I could... I felt the impression once more, and I said it, out loud, since I am alone in my room, "Heavenly Father, please help me find my packing tape." In less than a matter of seconds...He helped me find it.

The Lord answers prayers. Today, faster than most days. I love Him. Just pray, no matter how ridiculous it may seem @ times, whether it be for a lost earring...packing tape...or your house keys...He knows where it is, and will send you in the right direction if you stop and ask. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment